Children's Emergency Center
The newly expanded Children's Emergency Center provides central South Carolina's most technologically advanced pediatric emergency care and is located in one of only four Level 1 Trauma Centers in the state.
From ventilators to intravenous lines and catheters, the medical equipment is designed specifically for children.
Why choose the Children's Emergency Center?
- Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Access to more than 30 pediatric medical subspecialties
- Staffed by board certified physicians and nurses with training in pediatric emergency medicine
- Pediatric trauma response team
- Pediatric pharmacy with expertise in dosing for infants and children
- Separate entrance, registration area and waiting area just for pediatric patients and families
- Child Life staff trained to help reduce anxiety and provide therapeutic diversion
- Every aspect of care and every space designed specifically for the needs of children
The Children's Emergency Center is located adjacent to Palmetto Health Richland's Emergency Center at the rear of 5 Richland Medical Park Drive.